The National Gaucher Foundation is looking for motivated individuals who have Gaucher disease, ages 18-45, or parents/guardians of children or teens who have Gaucher disease to apply for our new Ambassador Program. Accepted applicants will receive a stipend to be used towards travel to New York City to attend NGF’s ‘Ask the Expert’ Panel Discussion & Champagne Dessert Reception on October 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm.
Ambassadors will share their stories, post about the NYC program on social media, and be available to be interviewed for a blog post. $500 travel stipends will be awarded to participants who are accepted into the Ambassador Program ($150 for NYC metro area residents).
- Applicants must be 18-45 years old, a US resident, and either an individual who has Gaucher disease or a parent/guardian of a child under the age of 18 who has Gaucher disease.
- Applicants must complete an online application, including a 300-500 word essay describing the personal importance and/or meaning serving as a NGF Ambassador holds.
- Applicants must agree to create one social media post 48 hours before, during, or within 48 hours following the event.
- Applicants must attend the full 2-hour program on October 27th to receive the travel stipend at the conclusion of the event.
- Applications will open on July 25, 2018 and close on August 17, 2018
- All applicants will be notified by August 31st.
- Applications will be reviewed by committee which includes NGF professional staff, board members, and advisors.
- No more than 20 NGF Ambassadors will be accepted to the 2018 program.
*Schedule and criteria are subject to change at the discretion of the NGF.
To get started on submitting your application, please fill out the form below.